Posted by 504admin in Preventive Screenings
- Close to 43,250 Americans will be diagnosed with oral or pharyngeal cancers this year. Of this number, only 57% will live past 5 years. This number has not significantly improved in decades. It is the only cancer that has increased every year in the past six years, due to the rise in HPV related oral cancers.
- At Newtown Dentistry for Kids, Newtown Dentistry for Adults, and Newtown Orthodontics, we are pleased to make OralId a part of our oral health protocol.
- OralId is a state-of-the-art cancer screening device that can help identify early signs of oral cancer, even before these lesions can even be seen with the human eye.
- This technology uses fluorescence, a blue light, that allows clinicians to identify oral cancer, pre-cancer and other abnormal lesions at an earlier stage, thus saving lives!
- When you visit our dental home, we will perform a comprehensive extra and intra oral abnormality screening at every visit.